Near The Brink

Painting by Lorraine Rigby. 2016
And the horizon seems dull and bleak...

It's majesty that beckoned me to something nobler...

has encroached on my mortal expectations...
.............and it has taken THEM all away. 

The once said deeds and dreams.... 
are held in the parents loving arms, 
are held in the strongest embrace, 
are held with a forgiveness that God has bestowed upon me. 

And the horizon seems SO dull and bleak...
It's majestical colours vibrant and changeable...
It has encroached on my mortal expectations...
...............and it has taken it ALL away from US. 

I laid my foundation stones and honesty to this land! 
the labour of my efforts, what did I see! 
What spoils were granted to me, to us, to you?
What lavish riches fell upon your lap, was it so easily?

Do they ever feel shame? 

And the horizon is dull and bleak...
Its vividness blinding my... my silhouette, a void, on a canvas of oils! 
The years of learning expressed in innocence,
The years of expression wasted? 

We craved for the understanding! 
But my aged heart knew it in that embrace.... 
The swelling of my chest, bursting into tears....
.......................and with that final breath.............

the horizon is dull and bleak...
it kneels before my final step.
and smiles to the embrace, 
full of expectations and love.

Colours no canvas could have painted upon it! 

I gather myself one more time,
As I stand, Near The Brink.... 







Comments