A Spiritual Comedy. Act 2

Enter The Desire, he picks up the conkers, he stares at the tree....

Enter The Soul........The Soul stares at The Desire......


The Soul Coughs...... 



Silence

The Soul Coughs......

Pause

The Soul Coughs......

The Desire: Damn it, what? 

The Soul: I thought we were going to the pub? 

The Desire: I had a moment. 

The Soul: A moment? 

The Desire: Yes, A moment..... is it okay for me, to find oneself. If I could find the french for finding oneself, I would give an expletive in french to give it that.....

The Soul: Je Ne Sais Quoi?

The Desire: Precisely.......

Pause 

The Soul: This Moment, what is it doing to you?

The Desire: Are you my shrink all of a sudden?

The Soul: God Damn it... I'm only asking....you were staring at the tree long enough.

The Desire: I only came for the conkers...

The Soul: Well you have them, let us go....

The Desire: Are you joking.... I'm having this MOMENT, and you want to go to the Pub!

The Soul: Are you joking..... that's all you ever wanted.......wasn't it?

The Desire: I don't know?

The Soul: We prayed, we communed with that which is indescribable are you not satisfied?

The Desire: Really, Honestly, You Must Be Mad..... I'm I Ever?

The Soul: What can we do then

The Desire: ......I'm not sure, but something is quelling inside (Desire Smiles)

Enter The Messenger.

The Messenger: I come with good tidings!

The Desire and The Soul stare

The Messenger stares. 

The Soul: I think we have done this

The Desire: This is Act 2?

The Messenger: I understand! Behold I bring you.....

The Desire:                                                               I'm going to stop you right there, I'm not going through all that again.

The Messenger: erm....

The Soul: I think he has lost for words.....

The Desire: We're off script, my friend, go with it, feel it, trust your feelings, play with those emotions...

The Soul: Poor Soul...

The Messenger: Ermm......Behold I Br...

The Desire:                                         ....NO!

The Soul: Poor Soul!

The Desire: Don't feel sorry....The Messenger has to learn.

The Soul: I think The Messenger is having a Moment.

The Desire: By all the gods and goddesses and all that which is between, I think he is.

Enter The Unknown Reluctantly

The Unknown: Thought I better come into this conversation.

The Desire: Oh No, You can remove yourself from here right now.

The Soul: I  think The Desire is right, off your pop.

The Messenger: Get away from me...

The Desire: You heard The Messenger.

The Desire Grabs The Unknown and drags him to the audience and places him at the feet of a member. 

The Desire: All the rules are out the window now, keep The Unknown here.

The Desire grabs The Messenger and takes The Messenger to the Tree. 

The Soul: Things are going to get weird in Act three. (To the Audience)

The Desire: Have your moment my friend.

They all stare in stillness and silence.

The Unknown crawls away from the audience and clings onto the tree. 

Silence 

The Soul: I think we're not supposed to know The Unknown is there.

The Desire: Are you content?

The Messenger: I'm going home now....

The Desire: You are home, you have always been at home, they have taken your home away from you. Your home is my home, this is not its home (He points to the Unknown). It has always been part of our home.

The Messenger takes The Unknown by the hand....

The Messenger: Teach me in our moments.

The Unknown: (Smiles)

The Messenger and The Unknown exit. 


Silence

The Soul: Well that was certainly a moment.

The Desire: It certainly was.

They both sit down under the tree and play conkers in silence. 

Lights fade to blackout

Finish

Comments