My Dog Blue

I wake to see him staring with joy, 
he licks my face to awaken me....
I smile to feel unquestioning love, 
his heavy paw lands on my head.

"Oh Blue"....I say
"Give me a moment"

It's hard to resist as I stroke and scratch behind his ear, 
I jump from my bed and with eager excitement I softly say,
"Do you wanna go for a walk"

The pattern and tone brings joy to his being, 
He dances around
He jumps around
He barks as loud! 

I quickly get dressed, 
no time for a wash.
His needs are greater than mine....
I don't want his joy to be lost...

He barks to hurry me on,
I'm embroiled in his excitement and egg him on! 

"Do you wanna go for a walk!"

Said louder than before....
He barks and dances like never before. 

I run down the stairs and into the kitchen I go, 
He dances around me all they while......
.....and my hand stretches to that thing of joy

His lead and collar, a temporary restraint as I take him to our sanctuary...
the fields, woodlands, and our childhood valley....

He is straining all the way as I take him to that park....
and when he is released, off he flies and dances....

..........and I walk alone in that park and in my mind's eye I still see him dance, run and chase,
my wolfhound....my Blue.... 





Comments